The Ann Arbor Police Department is investigating a sexual assault that occurred on July 2 at approximately 2:30a.m. on the 800 block of S. Forest Ave near Oakland Ave.
An individual reported walking northbound through the alley when a male unknown to her ran up, grabbed her from behind, and sexually assaulted her. The victim was able to free herself from the suspect. He then pushed the victim down and fled towards Church Street.
The victim described the suspect as a white male, approximately 20 years old, about 5’10”-6’0” tall, medium build, with tan skin tone.
If you have any information, please contact the U-M Division of Public Safety and Security at (734) 763-1131 or the Ann Arbor Police Department Tip Line at (734) 794-6939.
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible
- Trust your intuition. If a situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative
- If you see something, say something. Report suspicious behavior. Call 911
- Confidential Tip Line 1-800-863-1355
- Consider late-night transportation options
Sexual assault is any sexual activity that occurs in the absence of consent. The responsibility lies with the perpetrator, not the survivor – no one deserves, asks for, or provokes sexual assault. The University of Michigan Police Department’s Special Victims Unit strives to provide a safe, caring environment where victims are empowered to take action. If you or someone you know has experienced sexual assault, we encourage you to report it to law enforcement.