The Ann Arbor Police Department (AAPD) is actively investigating a home invasion and felonious assault that occurred in an off-campus neighborhood.
At approximately 3:30 a.m. AAPD officers were dispatched to the 1100 block of Packard St. to respond to a home invasion report.
As reported to AAPD officers, a resident found a subject hiding in a third-floor closet. The suspect pulled a knife, stole the victim’s wallet, and fled out the window in an unknown direction. It is believed that the suspect entered the residence through a third-floor rear window off of the fire escape.
The Ann Arbor Police are investigating this incident. If you have information, please contact the AAPD Tip Line (734) 794-6939 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regardless of whether you’re living on or off the University of Michigan campus, everyone should take a proactive approach to secure their residence. DPSS strongly encourages you to:
- Keep your windows and doors locked
- Turn on exterior lights at night
- Close blinds at night and keep doorwall security bars in place
- Store valuables out of plain sight
- Do not prop open exterior doors
- Do not hold open exterior doors for people you do not know
- Know who is at your front door before you open it
- When you take a vacation, put a temporary hold on your mail and other deliveries
- Report any suspicious behavior or incidents