Two home invasions at off-campus residences on Church St. were reported to the Ann Arbor Police Department.
At approximately 7:30 a.m. on March 31, 2022, Ann Arbor police responded to a call regarding a home invasion at an off-campus residence on the 400 block of Church St. Around 8 a.m.. AAPD was then dispatched to another report of a home invasion on the 700 block of Church St.
In the first incident, a resident was sleeping in the living room when they woke up to someone entering through the front door. When the suspect saw the resident, the suspect fled, and nothing was reported missing. In the second incident, the resident came out of the bathroom after taking a shower to see someone leaving the house through the backdoor. The resident then discovered cash missing from a wallet. In both incidents, entry was gained through an unlocked door.
The suspect is described as a Black male in his 30s, short in stature, with long dark curly hair, wearing a dark blue or green winter coat, hood up or baseball hat on, red and white (American flag) facemask, jeans, and black shoes.
If you have information, please contact the Ann Arbor Police Department Tip Line (734) 794-6939 or email@example.com.
Regardless of whether you’re living on or off the University of Michigan campus, everyone should take a proactive approach to secure their residence. DPSS strongly encourages you to:
- Keep your windows and doors locked
- Turn on exterior lights at night
- Close blinds at night and keep doorwall security bars in place
- Store valuables out of plain sight
- Do not prop open exterior doors
- Do not hold open exterior doors for people you do not know
- Know who is at your front door before you open it
- When you take a vacation, put a temporary hold on your mail and other deliveries
- Report any suspicious behavior or incidents