At approximately 10 a.m. on Jan. 16, 2022, Ann Arbor police responded to a call regarding a home invasion at an off-campus residence on the 1000 block of Michigan Ave.
A resident of the apartment reported that at approximately 8 a.m. an unknown male entered the resident’s bedroom while they were sleeping. The intruder said there was a drunk girl outside and left the residence. When the resident checked outside, there was no one present.
The resident discovered a laptop, wallet, and credit cards missing.
It is believed entry was gained through an unlocked door.
If you have information, please contact the Ann Arbor Police Department Tip Line (734) 794-6939 or email@example.com.
Regardless of whether you’re living on or off the University of Michigan campus, everyone should take a proactive approach to secure their residence. DPSS strongly encourages you to:
- Keep your windows and doors locked
- Turn on exterior lights at night
- Close blinds at night and keep doorwall security bars in place
- Store valuables out of plain sight
- Do not prop open exterior doors
- Do not hold open exterior doors for people you do not know
- Know who is at your front door before you open it
- When you take a vacation, put a temporary hold on your mail and other deliveries
- Report any suspicious behavior or incidents