The Ann Arbor Police Department is investigating a home invasion that occurred at an off-campus home on South State Street on June 27, 2021, sometime between midnight and 4:30 a.m.
On June 29, a resident of a home on S. State St. notified AAPD regarding items missing from their home. One of the residents stated that while they were sleeping sometime between midnight and 4:30 a.m. on June 27, an unknown person entered a bedroom and turned on the light. Thinking it was another resident of the home, they went back to sleep. Items were later discovered missing. It is believed entry was gained through an unlocked door.
If you have information, please contact the Ann Arbor Police Department Tip Line (734) 794-6939 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regardless of whether you’re living on or off the University of Michigan campus, everyone should take a proactive approach to secure their residence. DPSS strongly encourages you to:
- Keep your windows and doors locked
- Turn on exterior lights at night
- Close blinds at night and keep doorwall security bars in place
- Store valuables out of plain sight
- Do not prop open exterior doors
- Do not hold open exterior doors for people you do not know
- Know who is at your front door before you open it
- When you take a vacation, put a temporary hold on your mail and other deliveries
Report any suspicious behavior or incidents