Congratulations on working hard through this fall semester, Wolverines! We hope you enjoy the upcoming well-deserved winter break.
We’ve created a checklist to help you prepare before you leave:
Secure your residence
- Lock all doors and windows
- Close curtains and blinds
- Keep valuables out of sight
- Unplug electronics
Secure your vehicle
- Avoid parking on the street or your car could be towed or ticketed during a snow emergency
- Remember to lock your car doors
- Store your bike in a secure interior location or take it home
Do not turn off your heat
- Keep your heat set to 52 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
- Low temperatures can result in frozen pipes
Take out the trash
- Be sure all garbage is gathered and removed from your residence before leaving
- Check the expiration dates on food and dispose of items that will expire over break
Traveling to the airport? Check out Central Student Government’s airBus shuttle which offers transportation to Metro Airport Dec. 17-20 and back to Ann Arbor on Jan. 8. The Ride also offers public transit to and from Metro Airport.
Reminder: Residence halls will close at 7:00 pm on Friday, Dec. 20.
DPSS will be available 24/7 over the break and can be reached at any time by calling (734) 763-1131.
Have a great break, Wolverines! See you in 2020.