Alert ID: 2019-10
Alert Agency: AAPD #19-56570
Alert Issued: December 12, 2019, at 12:00 p.m.
Date of Incident: December 11, 2019, both occurred between 12:50 and 1:00 p.m.
Location: 700 block Arbor St., (off-campus) & 1000 block Hill St., (off-campus)
Offense: Home Invasion
Summary: Two home invasions occurred within a ten-minute time period at occupied and unlocked homes.
As described to the Ann Arbor Police, the first incident occurred in the 700 block of Arbor St. at approximately 12:50 p.m. a resident discovered a suspect inside their residence looking for returnable containers.
The second incident occurred in the 1000 block of Hill St. A U-M student was in his room on the second floor when a suspect entered. The resident confronted the suspect who fled down the stairs. The Ann Arbor Police Department is investigating the incident.
Suspect(s): Male, between 40-55 years of age, about 5’8’’, with a beard and mustache. He was last seen wearing a black coat with the hood up, blue jeans, and a maroon winter beanie hat.
If you have any information, please contact the U-M Division of Public Safety and Security at (734) 763-1131 or Dial 9-1-1
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence
- Keep all exterior doors and windows locked
- Keep exterior lights on at night
- If you see something, say something. Report suspicious behavior. Call 911
- Confidential Tip Line 1-800-863-1355