The Ann Arbor Police Department has received several home invasion reports from residents who were returning home from the holiday break in the off-campus neighborhood south of Hill Street (Burns Park area). Various items were stolen. The incidents occurred between November 20 and November 27.
There are no known suspects. In most cases, the residence was entered by force.
If you have information, please contact the Ann Arbor Police Department Tip Line at (734) 794-6939 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you’re living on or off the University of Michigan campus, everyone should take a proactive approach to secure their residence. DPSS strongly encourages you to:
- Store valuables out of plain sight
- Utilize timers for lights and other electronics
- Turn on exterior lights and close blinds at night
- Keep your windows and doors locked
- Do not prop open exterior doors
- Do not hold open exterior doors for people you do not know
- Report any suspicious behavior or incidents