SECURITY BULLETIN: Home Invasion in Off-Campus Apartment Building
The Ann Arbor Police Department is investigating a home invasion that occurred at an off-campus apartment on Oct. 9, 2021, at approximately 1:30 p.m.
On Oct. 9, 2021, Ann Arbor police responded to a call regarding a home invasion at an apartment building on the 1800 block of Shirley Ln. A resident of the apartment reported that she awoke from a nap to find an unknown man going through items in a roommate’s bedroom. When confronted the subject left the apartment in an unknown direction.
It was later discovered that cash was missing from a wallet.
It is believed entry was gained through an unlocked door.
If you have information, please contact the Ann Arbor Police Department Tip Line (734) 794-6939 or email@example.com.
Regardless of whether you’re living on or off the University of Michigan campus, everyone should take a proactive approach to secure their residence. DPSS strongly encourages you to:
- Keep your windows and doors locked
- Turn on exterior lights at night
- Close blinds at night and keep doorwall security bars in place
- Store valuables out of plain sight
- Do not prop open exterior doors
- Do not hold open exterior doors for people you do not know
- Know who is at your front door before you open it
- When you take a vacation, put a temporary hold on your mail and other deliveries
- Report any suspicious behavior or incidents