Another semester has come and gone. Before you leave campus for winter break, make sure you take the time to properly secure your residence and belongings.
We’ve created a checklist to help you prepare before you leave:
Secure your residence
- Lock all doors and windows
- Close curtains and blinds
- Keep valuables out of sight
- Unplug electronics
Avoid parking your car on the street
- If Ann Arbor declares a snow emergency while you’re away, your vehicle may be ticketed or towed
- Remember to lock your car doors
- Store your bike in a secure interior location or take it home
Do not turn off your heat
- Keep your heat set to 52 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
- Low temperatures can result in frozen pipes
Take out the trash
- Be sure all garbage is gathered and removed from your residence before leaving
- Check the expiration dates on food and dispose of items that will expire over break
Reminder: Residence halls will close at 7:00 pm on Thursday, Dec. 20 and will reopen at 10:00 am on Monday, Jan. 7.
Traveling to the airport? Check out Central Student Government’s airBus shuttle which offers transportation to Metro Airport Dec. 17-20 and back to Ann Arbor on Jan. 8. TheRide also offers public transit to and from Metro Airport.
We hope each and every one of our Wolverines has a wonderful, safe break. Enjoy your time off and see you next year!