Congratulations on working hard through this fall semester, Wolverines!
Before you leave for winter break, secure your residence and belongings so you won’t have any unpleasant surprises when you return.
We have created a checklist to help you prepare before you leave:
Secure your residence
- Lock all doors and windows
- Close curtains and blinds
- Keep valuables out of sight
- Unplug electronics
- Use timers for interior & exterior lights
- Do not prop open exterior doors
- Pause mail delivery, or entrust a friend to collect it for you
Secure your vehicle
- Avoid parking on the street – (If Ann Arbor declares a snow emergency while you’re away, your vehicle may be ticketed or towed.)
- Remember to lock your car doors
- Store your bike in a secure interior location or take it home
Set heat to 52°F or higher
- Do not turn off your heat
- Winter temperatures can result in frozen pipes
Take out the trash
- Be sure all garbage is gathered and removed from your residence
- Check the expiration dates on food and dispose of items that will expire over break
REMINDER: Undergraduate residence halls close on Monday, Dec. 19, 2022, at 7 p.m. and reopen on Monday, Jan. 2, 2023, at 5 p.m.
Are you traveling by air? Check out Central Student Government’s AirBus shuttle, which offers transportation to Metro Airport and back to Ann Arbor. The Ride also provides public transit to and from Metro Airport.
As always, DPSS is available 24/7 and can be reached by calling (734) 763-1131.
Have a safe and relaxing winter break. We look forward to seeing you next year!