As Thanksgiving break quickly approaches, we have some tips for staying safe whether you’re heading home or staying on campus.
- Close and lock all windows and doors
- Close curtains or blinds
- Secure valuables and keep them out of sight
- Unplug electronics
- Take out the trash
- Take your bicycle home if possible
- Prepare to arrive at least two hours early for your flight. Holidays and other high-volume travel times lead to long check-ins and TSA lines.
- Utilize Central Student Government’s airBus to get to and from the airport this Thanksgiving break. Another airport transportation resource is AirRide.
- If you’re traveling by car, check the weather ahead of time. Be prepared for inclement weather and drive with caution.
- Don’t leave items unattended at the airport.
Staying on Campus
- Mosher-Jordan will be the only dining hall in service Thursday-Saturday (Nov. 25-27). Schedules are on the dining website.
- There will be no university transit or shuttle bus services Thursday or Friday (Nov. 25-26). There will be limited transportation to Mosher-Jordan during select hours. Regular weekend transit service will resume on Saturday, Nov. 27.
Contact DPSS at any time if you feel unsafe or need assistance by calling (734) 763-1131 or 911 in an emergency.
Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, Wolverines!