The Ann Arbor Police Department is investigating a home invasion that occurred at an off-campus home on South State St. on November 24 at around 3:20 a.m.
A resident of the off-campus home reported hearing someone enter the home and go upstairs. The resident discovered an unknown male in the home. When questioned, the unknown male said he was there to fix a washing machine. The resident responded that it was too late and that he would be calling the police. The unknown male fled the residence.
The suspect is described as approximately 6’0’’ tall, wearing a black sweatshirt and denim jacket, carrying a yellow power drill.
If you have information, please contact the Ann Arbor Police Department Tip Line (734) 794-6939 or email@example.com.
Regardless of whether you’re living on or off the University of Michigan campus, everyone should take a proactive approach to securing their residence. DPSS strongly encourages you to:
- Keep your windows and doors locked
- Turn on exterior lights at night
- Close blinds at night and keep doorwall security bars in place
- Store valuables out of plain sight
- Do not prop open exterior doors
- Do not hold open exterior doors for people you do not know
- Know who is at your front door before you open it
- When you take a vacation, put a temporary hold on your mail and other deliveries
- Report any suspicious behavior or incidents