As Thanksgiving break approaches, we have some tips for staying safe whether you’re heading home or staying on campus.
- Close and lock all windows and doors
- Close curtains or blinds
- Secure valuables and keep them out of sight
- Unplug electronics
- Take out the trash
- Prepare to arrive at least two hours early for your flight. Holidays and other high-volume travel times lead to long check-in and TSA lines.
- Utilize Central Student Government’s airBus to get to and from the airport for free for Thanksgiving break. Transportation to the airport will be available on Tuesday and Wednesday (Nov. 26-27) and back to Ann Arbor on Sunday (Dec. 1). Another airport transportation resource is AirRide.
- Check the weather ahead of time. Be prepared for inclement weather and drive with caution.
- Don’t leave items unattended at the airport.
Staying on Campus
- Mosher-Jordan will be the only dining hall in service Thursday-Saturday (Nov. 28-30).
- There will be no university transit or shuttle bus services Thursday or Friday (Nov. 28-29). There will be limited transportation to Mosher-Jordan during select hours. Schedules are on the dining website. Regular weekend transit service will resume on Saturday, Nov. 30.
- Contact DPSS at any time if you feel unsafe or need assistance by calling (734) 763-1131 or 911 in an emergency.
Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, Wolverines!