Heading home for Thanksgiving break? Staying on campus and enjoying a Friendsgiving? Wherever you are celebrating, we have some tips to help you stay safe as you enjoy your break.
- Close and lock all windows and doors
- Close curtains or blinds
- Secure valuables and keep them out of sight
- Unplug electronics
- Take out the trash
- Prepare to arrive at least two hours early for your flight. Holidays and other high-volume travel times lead to long check-in and TSA lines.
- Utilize Central Student Government’s airBus to get to the airport. For Thanksgiving break, the program will provide service to the airport Tuesday and Wednesday (Nov. 20-21) and service to Ann Arbor on Sunday (Nov. 25). Another airport transportation resource is AirRide.
- If you’re traveling by car, check the weather ahead of time. Be prepared for inclement weather this time of year and drive with caution.
- Don’t leave items unattended at the airport.
Staying on Campus
- Mosher-Jordan will be the only dining hall in service Thursday-Saturday (Nov. 22-24).
- There will be no university transit or shuttle bus services Thursday or Friday (Nov. 22-23). However, limited transportation to Mosher-Jordan will be available during select hours. Schedules are on the dining website. Regular weekend transit service will resume on Saturday, Nov. 24.
Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, Wolverines!