Halloween is just around the corner! How do you plan to celebrate?
If you plan to go out and about, here are some tips:
Choose your Halloween costume wisely
- Check the weather forecast in advance and dress accordingly.
- Don’t carry toy weapons that could be confused for the real thing.
- Be sure to carry a charged cell phone.
Choose to be safe and legal – the legal drinking age is 21
- Keep open containers of alcohol off of public property (streets & sidewalks), even if you are over 21.
- Never drink and drive or ride with people who’ve been drinking. Have a game plan for getting home safely.
Use the buddy system
- Walk to and from your destination with a trusted friend, especially at night.
- If you must walk home alone, stay on a well-lit path and be aware of your surroundings.
- Use late night transportation services by calling 734-647-8000.
Watch your drink
- Never accept a beverage from someone you don’t know.
- Never leave your drink unattended.
Know your limits and Stay in the Blue
- Download the Stay in the Blue app.
- If you see someone who needs medical attention, call 911. High intoxication levels can be deadly.
Check out alcohol-free events
- BooMix at the League on October 26 (free)
- The Haunted Bell Tower on October 29 (free)
- ‘Stranger Things’ Haunted House at Palmer Commons on October 31 ($3 per person).
- Other Halloween events on campus can be found on the Happening At Michigan page.
Or you just might decide to have a Halloween movie marathon, instead. Whatever you do, always take care of your fellow Wolverines and exercise good judgment as you celebrate Halloween this year. Go Boo!